Baretto Londra Bar Fasano Rio does a Ipanema bar good
The Fasano family knows a thing or two about entertaining, after all the family started out as age-old restaurateurs in Sao Paulo where the brand eventually expanded into hospitality. Designed by Philippe Starck in what was supposed to be the Rio-edition of the Faena Hotel from Buenos Aires, the Fasano family bought the project and joined in the planning phases of the bar and a resulting mish-mash of styles emerged from Starck’s original exposed brick walls to the Fasano family’s favored Italian-style club chairs in banker-brown with walls slung in British flag and various Hollywood photos and album covers.
A mainstay of Rio nightlife, Baretto Londra attracts a cross-section of Rio society that descend on the bar dressed to the nines in Italian fashions with just a hint of flip-flop beach accessorizing. With a lengthy line after-midnight and especially on weekends, hotel guests are given priority entrance that sometimes has to be enforced with a nudge at the front desk if one in your entourage doesn’t look the hip nightclub part.
Dress-up Americans. Sadly, our fellow countrymen are consistently the worst dressed people in Rio and especially at the Fasano where they think they’re on some sort of cruise or Hawaii luau in their cargo shorts and untucked shirts.
Nuth - Rio
Polynesian dance shack on outskirts of Rio
Suburban mega-club lures Rio-elite for DJ dance parties
Editorial: Ryan Styler
Logoa dance address for Rio club elite
Dance club lures Rioâ€™s VIP crowd outside tourist center
Editorial: Ann Vine
Bar dos Descasados
Be a slave to Santa Teresa lounge life
Sexy hotel lounge at city’s top boutique
Editorial: Michael Martin
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - November 2014 Leonora NYC, SLS in Vegas; the best of new October nightlife
- Best of Paris Nightlife From retro lounges to VIP romps, the best of Paris nightlife
- World's Best Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots The season's hottest restaurants, hotels and nightlife
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs - 2014 The sexiest Summer Pool Clubs on the Las Vegas Strip
- Hollywood's Hottest Nightclubs Longest Lines and Tightest Doors of LA Nightlife