Lazare Eric Frechon does fashionable Saint-Lazare brasserie
In front of Gare Saint-Lazare, one of the largest train stations in Paris, Michelin Star chef Eric Frechon creates a culinary destination that attracts unsuspecting travellers and curious foodies. Visitors arrive to a grand design space, like a modern version of the grand railway eateries of the early 20th Century. Inside, a circular bar is the focal point of the eatery with elements of copper, wood and leather detailed with the fanfare of fresh-pressed linens and endless stemware. Mid-century chairs surround veiny marble tabletops with singular brass leg under a pure white ceiling of exposed piping curated by designer Karine Lewkowicz. Walls are adorned in bookshelves of stark white porcelain and more stemware with chalkboard display of daily specials of food and wine.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, American Express
table to getBanquette
special featuresTerrace, Lounge Bar, Celeb Chef
Eric Frechon of 114 Fauburg and Bristol Bar curates a menu of French delicacies with a Normandy accent offered for lunch and dinner. A selection of raw bar specialties is juxtaposed with sautéed calamari, escargot and salmon tartare. Main course sticks to tradition as bacon-grilled steak, beef tartare and roasted salmon compliment braised chicken and seasonal seafood dishes. Afterwards, opt for the wonderful cheese presentation in lieu of the desserts that tend towards the heavy.
Eric Frechon does fashionable Saint-Lazare brasserie with bar and summertime terrace.
Simple, exquisite cuisine in Paris by famed Normandy chef
21-seat dining room by David Toutain is the hottest in Paris
Editorial: Ann Vine
Tom Dixon pens designer eatery at Beaugrenelle Centre
All-day supper club, late night lounge in the revamped 15th
Editorial: Michael Martin
Aussie chef James Henry makes a scene in Paris
Fashionable dining crowd flocks to simple bistro in the 11th
Editorial: Ann Vine
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - November Atherton in Hong Kong, Curtis Stone does truffles in LA; our top picks for October
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Summer's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Big city restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene