Zuma Zuma does chic waterfront dining in Istanbul
Famous for its London-based Itzakaya, Zuma brings the classic Japanese faire to Istanbul with a contemporary waterfront dining room on the European shore of Istanbul. Situated in a period building with views of the Ortakoy Mosque and Bosphorus Bridge, the main dining room is more casual than its Hong Kong or London counterpart with open kitchen and sushi bar defined by natural stone and glass. A small lounge arranged in wooden banquettes and club chairs is perfect for casual wintertime lunches, but nowhere near as in demand as the outdoor terrace come summer with its sleek dining room at a few feet above the waterline with outdoor robata grill and private jetty for quick VIP departures.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, American Express
hours12pm-3pm and 5pm-12am, daily
table to getTerrace
special featuresLounge, Sushi Bar, Terrace
A traditional Japanese Itzakaya menu offers small dishes like thinly sliced yellowtail with garlic pickles, beef carpaccio with miso and salmon tartare with sevruga caviar. Imported exotic fish mean excellent selection of sashimi platters as well as soft-shell crab with cucumber or Wagyu sushi with caviar garnish. Robata dishes like shitake mushroom skewers and miso eggplant are an excellent compliment to signature main courses like miso black cod, seared foie gras with crushed umeboshi and chicken roasted on cedar plank.
Trendy Japanese Izakaya finds waterfront home with outdoor dining room and sake bar in Istanbul.
Waterfront eatery near Istanbul's Bosporus
Water taxi arrival at chic seaside eatery and lounge
Editorial: Ann Vine
Turkish foodie finds home between two continents
Beach club barge Istanbul’s most fashionable eatery
Editorial: Michael Martin
Outdoor eatery boast one of Istanbul’s best views
Hilltop eatery with sushi bar and local garden
Editorial: Ann Vine
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - May 2013 This Month's Best Restaurant Openings
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Season's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene