Ristorante Cibreo Florence gourmand expands to include café and trattoria
It's one of the city's mots famous eateries, now with a small collection of cafes and neighboring bistro with the Ristorante Cibreo still being its gourmet flagship. A dinnertime space of candlelit ambiance features antique wood paneling and leaded-glass windows framing an intimate arrangement of outlying booths and center tables surrounded in leather club chairs. Its location near Santa Croce is also home to a more casual Trattoria next door that's open throughout the week as well as even newer Café Cibreo and Circolo Teatro with its collection of gourmet goodies and bakery breakfast scene.
payment optionsVisa, MasterCard, American Express
hoursWed. - Sun. 6pm-10pm
table to getBooth
special featuresGourmet Eatery, Wine Cellar, Foodie Hotspot
Fabio Picchi's oh-so formal service begins with a chef amuse-bouche of ricotta soufflé with shaved Parmesan followed by appetizers of occasional tuna carpaccio, homemade pastas, filled raviolis and polenta topped with rich red sauces and beef ragu. Main course is a selection of grilled beef or lamb, seafood and squab impeccably presented under silver domes unveiled by model-esque wait staff that you wish wouldn’t run off so quickly.
Nearly three decades after in business and Ristorante Cibreo still one of Florence’s top eateries now with casual trattoria and café options open throughout the week.
3-Star Michelin Florence eatery one of best in Italy
Partners offer rare 2-chef kitchen with rarer 3-Star rating
Editorial: Michael Martin
Top 10 Lists
- Restaurant Openings - June 2013 This Month's Best Restaurant Openings
- Top-10 Celebrity Restaurants Most beloved eateries of the world's rich and famous
- Top-10 Gastronomic Experiences Hot chefs defining a new global food movement
- Top-10 Power Lunch Hotspots Most important meal of the day for business travelers
- Season's Top-10 Beach Clubs Somewhere in the world it's always beach club season
- Top-10 Party Restaurants Restaurants that mix food and late-night party scene