Pasaje America VIP dance lounge in former-colonial capital
Pasaje America opened to great acclaim and celebrity fanfare in this period ‘20s colonial building that was ground zero for A-List parties by Mexico City elite including Gael García Bernal. This cocktail bar and late-night dance romp located a fashionable distance away from the tourist Mecca of Condessa is owned by Ricardo Pandal who also manages independent arts centre called Pasagüero that aims to recapture the indigenous history of this Tecnotilian capital.
But such lofty ambitions become just background fodder amongst a 1am drinking crowd that prefers to talk hip-hop and techno beats in lieu of history. The space is decorated like an old colonial mansion with center dance floor framed in ornate box-ceiling suspended in massive chandeliers and juxaposted disco balls with Greek columns surrounding a crowd of mostly 30-something professionals looking to dance till 4am at one of the best social scenes in the capital.
Don’t think of arriving with any pre-arranged nightclub tours, the door is strict about entrance and limits any security details to the outside of the club.
VIP dance lounge in former-colonial capital
Upscale bar offers hot singles and historical setting
Editorial: Ann Vine
Mexico City hotel bar for TV and fashion set
City views for those that can see past the eye candy
Editorial: Ann Vine
Mexico City living room bar with old world vibe
Roma District villa is home to one of Mexico chicest drinking bars
Editorial: Ryan Styler
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - May 2013 NY to Tokyo, hot new nighctlubs standout for the season
- Best of Paris Nightlife Our Top-10 bars and dance clubs in Paris
- World's Top-10 Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots Where to be seen in America's sexiest city
- Ibiza Summer Hotspots 2013 Where it happened in summer Ibiza
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs Best Summer Pool Clubs on the Strip for 2013