Bar do Copa Lavish prices and pretty people at upscale Rio disco
hoursWed. - Sat. 9pm-4am, nightly
Through its own gilded entrance at Rio's Copacabana Hotel, Bar de Copa is one of the most decadent nightclubs to open in the last few years. A neighborhood ablaze with kitschy bars and neon dance palaces, this hotel-based lounge is a sexy alterative to some of the clogged nightclubs of Copacabana's interior if you can catch the right crowd on the right night. From its own entrance near the main pool of the hotel, brassy hotel visitors and occasional model/celebrity stroll down an illuminated walkway to the center of the club's main dance floor that's best experience at 2am.
Surrounded in mosaic gold walls the club feels older than its actual age, opened in late-2008, surrounded in heavy swags of white drapery with exaggerated-gold chandeliers and LCD ceiling display of near 10,000 micro-lights. Full-service and rather dapper bartenders make some of the best and priciest drinks in town as well as cocktail waitresses working a collection of 17 tables near the dance floor.
Guests of the hotel are offered free, expedited entrance while everyone else is face with bouncer scrutiny and heavy cover charge.
Logoa dance address for Rio club elite
Dance club lures Rioâ€™s VIP crowd outside tourist center
Editorial: Ann Vine
Baretto Londra Bar
Fasano Rio does a Ipanema bar good
London-theme Fasano bar by designer Philippe Starck
Editorial: Angela Bass
Cafe del Mar
Ibiza Chill-out lounge and eatery along Rio's Avenida Atlantica
Edible Ibiza sound factory along Copacabana beachfront
Editorial: Ann Vine
Top 10 Lists
- New Nightlife - April 2014 NY to Tokyo, hot new nighctlubs standout for the season
- Best of Paris Nightlife Our Top-10 bars and dance clubs in Paris
- World's Top-10 Rooftop Bars Nightlife that's literally atop the rest of the world
- Top-10 Miami Hotspots Where to be seen in America's sexiest city
- Ibiza Summer Hotspots Where it's happening in summer Ibiza
- Las Vegas Pool Clubs Best Summer Pool Clubs on the Strip for 2014